The Way of Men didn’t change or challenge a lot of my perspectives, instead it reinforced most of my ideologies and core values. Needless to say it was a pleasant and easy read, that I’ve put it on the back burner for too long. Below I’ve listed some of my favorite quotes from the book, and my overall analysis/ conclusion.
- “Aren’t most men today spoiled mamma’s boys without father figures, without hunting or fighting or brother-bonds, whose only masculine outlet is promiscuous sex?”
- “A man who is more concerned with being a good man than being good at being a man makes a very well-behaved slave.”
- “Men are dropping out and disengaging from our slick, easy, safe world. For what may be the first time in history, the average guy can afford to be careless. Nothing he does really matters, and—what’s worse—there is a shrinking hope of any future where what he does will matter.”
- “One of the great tragedies of modernity is the lack of opportunity for men to become what they are, to do what they were bred to do, what their bodies want to do.”
Jack Donovan’s truest convictions:
- Men desire conflict, risk, and challenges.
- Competition is inherent in what it means to be a man.
- Men with high testosterone take more risks and seek thrills more often than their low testosterone counterparts.
- Men enjoy competing for status. When they win something, a dopamine high is triggered. This dopamine high jacks up testosterone levels in men.
- Men with high testosterone have a tendency to be overly concerned with the world. They’re driven to find out about the world, explore the world, and sometimes conquer the world.
- There is a difference between being a good man and being good at being a man.
- We’re all born slaves, but good men rarely escape what they were born into.
- Being a good man requires obedience.
- Men that are good at being men exert their authority, question and challenge others.
- Being good at being a man requires a craving for risk, sex, conflict and danger.
Being located in the East for over a year now, I can truthfully say that there’s been too much modern progress in the west. I see that this hyper modern progress isn’t in favor of masculinity in any way, shape or form. In fact it’s a strong attempt to completely eliminate the meaning of what means to be a man. Some would argue it’s a war on masculinity as a whole (i.e) some students (girls) are getting higher GPA’s than others of equal GPAS’s if not higher on paper (boys), based solely on their behavior.
“First of all, it suggests that school systems give greater rewards to girls rather than boys, even when pupils are of similar ability.
Teachers are more likely to “mark up” girls’ work, says the study. It suggests that this leniency in marking is an unacknowledged reward for girls being more school-friendly.
Girls are more likely to be better behaved, more likely to get homework finished, less negative about going to school. And even when boys’ work is just as good, the higher grade is more likely to go to a girl.”
When women start complaining about men not being men and/or teaching men how to be men is when men have stopped being men; Read that again, and tell me whether you agree with that statement.
This book will put some hair on your chest, and kick you in the nuts if your a male feminist or a complacent slave. You’re being muzzled for the interests of others and it’s on you to take action now.
Purchase Recommendation: (*)
(*) Kindle: $6.50 (You don’t need a physical kindle to buy this book. Download the free app on your laptop or tablet and read.)